Ashley Tisdale Biography
Birth Name - Ashley Michelle Tisdale
Date of Birth - July 2, 1985
West Deal, New Jersey
Nickname - Blondie - Maddie - Ash
Height - 5' 3" (1.60 m)
Ashley Tisdale photo gallery
More information on Ashley Tisdale
Younger sister of actress Jennifer Tisdale
Sang at The White House at age 12.
Has a dog named "Blondie", which is her nickname on "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody" (2005).
Parents are Lisa and Mike Tisdale
On the Billboard Hot 100 chart of 2006-02-11, she became the first female ever to debut with 2 songs simultaneously. The songs, "Bop to the Top" and "What I've Been Looking For" were both duets with Lucas Grabeel from High School Musical (2006) (TV).
Cousin of inventor and infomercial maven Ron Popeil.
Her favorite cloths are Diesel, Bebe, Urban Outfitters and Forever 21
High School Musical (2006) (TV) DVD sold 400,000 on first day.
Her most prized possession is her new Louis Vuitton bag.
Has naturally curly, dark brown hair that reached her waist. Had to dye it blond to play Maddie Fitzpatrick, up to the point where it broke off to her shoulder. She now wears extensions.
Was a Ford Model along with Lindsay Lohan and Mischa Barton
Is good friends with Zac Efron, her co-star in High School Musical (2006) (TV).
Her favorite movies are Just Married, My Best Friends Wedding, and How to lose a guy in 10 days.
Tried out for the role of Karen in the movie Mean Girls but lost it to Amanda Seyfried
Is currently (2006) recording her debut CD with Warner Bros records
Her favorite music groups are Billy Joel, Elton John, Mariah Carey, The Used, All American Rejects, and Nick Lachey.
Best friends with Brittany Snow
Loves to shop at Hollister.
Her favorite TV show is "Friends" (1994).
Says her favorite sport is basketball, because it is the only one she can slightly understand.
Got her start acting at the local Jewish Community Centre of Monmouth County, appearing in productions of Gypsy, Sound of Music, and Annie Warbucks.
Childhood friend of Mischa Barton.
Has her own Youtube Channel.
Her debut album: Headstrong sold 70,000 copies on its first week.
Originally they were debating between 'Kiss the Girl' and 'Part of Your World' to be Ashley's song for Disney Mania 5. Ashley ended up singing 'Kiss the Girl' and her good friend Miley Cyrus was given 'Part of Your World'.
The down-to-earth rising star was dubbed "The Anti-Paris" by TMZ -- a compliment of the highest tabloid degree.
Personal quotes from Ashley Tisdale
My favorite subject was English or creative writing. We did poems and making a magazine and I did one on celebrities. I called it Celebrity Life Magazine. I interviewed my good friend Kaley Cuoco.
I love Christmas, not just because of the presents but because of all the decorations and lights and the warmth of the season.
I'm happy that i was able to experience a normal life besides show business, because it gives you something to draw from.
My agent didn't want me on Disney because I'm older. But honestly, I'm not ready for older roles yet, or even the things older girls do. I am still young.
I love change, and I love changing my hair. But it was strange to look in the mirror and think 'Who is this girl?'
I loved my long brown curls, but most mean girls look like this, don't they?...The blond thing...it's the stereotype of a popular mean girl.
I feel like people expect a lot out of girls, like you're supposed to know who you are and what you want out of life right now. Some girls know. I did. But lots of people don't know. You have to try a lot of things and not worry about what people are thinking. Fans might think I'm mean or shallow, like Sharpay, in real life, but I don't care. The mean girl is in every school. People relate to her even if they don't like her.
I helped put together Sharpay's look, and I wanted it to be over-the-top, flashy, attention-getting, because that's her. But she has a heart. You never know what someone is about. People look at me and think I'm a young teen. I'm 21!
I moved from New Jersey to California, so I know what it feels like being the new girl trying to figure it all out. There was this girl in the popular group who was jealous of me, even though I bought my own clothes and car-my parents didn't give them to me. I never told people in school I was an actress. I am a girl, and acting is my job.
The best thing that could happen is people get to see me as the smart and nice girl again, not as the mean or ditsy character. Hollywood makes brainiac girls sort of plain but, in High School Musical, they're gorgeous. I'm glad girls get to see that it's not one or the other. They get to see that they can be pretty and smart...There's a saying-'I have the looks but I don't have the books'-that captures the whole idea of expectations, especially in high school. You can be plain and smart, or pretty and smart. You can even be plain and dumb! You just have to be yourself. What do people see when they see me? I'm comfortable with myself, so I really don't care. People seem surprised to discover that I worked hard to be here.
You never know what's going to be big. It's the fans. It was just a Disney Channel Movie and the kids made it huge... For High School Musical 2 we just wanted to have fun and make something together. (on High School Musical)
In real life, I'm shy. I never played a mean girl before. (on playing Sharpay, in High School Musical)
I'm not into clubbing. I want to be known for my work.
Ashley Tisdale Filmography
High School Musical 3 (2008) .... Sharpay Evans
High School Musical 2 (2007) (TV) .... Sharpay Evans
"The Suite Life of Zack and Cody" .... Maddie Fitzpatrick / ... (69 episodes, 2005-2007)
... aka TSL (USA: informal short title)
- Lip Syncin' in the Rain (2007) TV Episode .... Maddie Fizpatrick
- Super Twins (2007) TV Episode .... Maddie Fitzpatrick
- Sink or Swim (2007) TV Episode .... Maddie Fitzpatrick
- Summer of Our Discontent (2007) TV Episode (credit only) .... Maddie Fitzpatrick
- Aptitude (2007) TV Episode .... Maddie Fitzpatrick
"Kim Possible" .... Camille Leon (3 episodes, 2007)
... aka Disney's Kim Possible (USA: complete title)
- Chasing Rufus (2007) TV Episode (voice) .... Camille Leon
- Fashion Victim (2007) TV Episode (voice) .... Camille Leon
- Trading Faces (2007) TV Episode (voice) .... Camille Leon
"Phineas and Ferb" (2007) TV Series (voice) .... Candice
"Hannah Montana" .... Maddie Fitzpatrick (1 episode, 2006)
- On the Road Again (2006) TV Episode .... Maddie Fitzpatrick
High School Musical (2006) (TV) .... Sharpay Evans
"Still Standing" .... Bonnie (4 episodes, 2003)
- Still Interfering (2003) TV Episode (as Ashley Michelle Tisdale) .... Bonnie
- Still the Bad Parents (2003) TV Episode (as Ashley Michelle Tisdale) .... Bonnie
- Still Hairdressing (2003) TV Episode (as Ashley Michelle Tisdale) .... Bonnie
- Still Romancing (2003) TV Episode (as Ashley Michelle Tisdale) .... Bonnie
"George Lopez" .... Olivia (1 episode, 2003)
- I Only Have Eyes for You (2003) TV Episode .... Olivia
"Grounded for Life" .... Leah (1 episode, 2003)
- Just Like a Woman (2003) TV Episode .... Leah
"Strong Medicine" .... Sherry Lowenstein (1 episode, 2003)
- Addicted to Love (2003) TV Episode .... Sherry Lowenstein
"Malcolm in the Middle" .... Girl (1 episode, 2002)
- Jury Duty (2002) TV Episode (as Ashley Michelle Tisdale) .... Girl
"The Hughleys" .... Stephanie (3 episodes, 2002)
- You've Got Male (2002) TV Episode (as Ashley Michelle Tisdale) .... Stephanie
- Bored of the Rings (2002) TV Episode (as Ashley Michelle Tisdale) .... Stephanie
- I Have a Scheme (2002) TV Episode (as Ashley Michelle Tisdale) .... Stephanie
The Mayor of Oyster Bay (2002) (TV)
"Charmed" .... Runaway Teen (1 episode, 2001)
- Look Who's Barking (2001) TV Episode (as Ashley Michelle Tisdale) .... Runaway Teen
"Kate Brasher" .... Winona (1 episode, 2001)
- Georgia (2001) TV Episode .... Winona
"Once and Again" .... Marni (1 episode, 2001)
- Best of Enemies (2001) TV Episode .... Marni
"Bette" .... Jessica (1 episode, 2001)
- The Invisible Mom (2001) TV Episode (as Ashley Michelle Tisdale) .... Jessica
Donnie Darko (2001) .... Kim, Dorky Girl
... aka Donnie Darko: The Director's Cut (USA: director's cut)
Nathan's Choice (2001) (TV) .... Stephanie
"Boston Public" .... Carol Prader (1 episode, 2000)
- Chapter Five (2000) TV Episode .... Carol Prader
"The Geena Davis Show" .... Tracy (1 episode, 2000)
- Motherly Advice (2000) TV Episode .... Tracy
"The Amanda Show" .... Cold-Curer (3 episodes, 2000)
- Episode #2.17 (2000) TV Episode
- Vitamin C (2000) TV Episode .... Cold-Curer
- Episode #2.16 (????) TV Episode
"Movie Stars" .... Female Student (1 episode, 2000)
- Stand by Me (2000) TV Episode .... Female Student
"Beverly Hills, 90210" .... Nicole Loomis (1 episode, 2000)
- Fertile Ground (2000) TV Episode .... Nicole Loomis
A Bug's Life (1998) (voice) .... Lead Blueberry Scout
"7th Heaven" .... Janice (1 episode, 1997)
... aka 7th Heaven: Beginnings (USA: rerun title)
... aka Seventh Heaven
- Breaking Up Is Hard to Do (1997) TV Episode .... Janice
"Smart Guy" .... Amy (1 episode, 1997)
- A Little Knowledge (1997) TV Episode (as Ashley Michelle Tisdale) .... Amy
Mimi wo sumaseba (1995) (voice: English version) .... Yuko
... aka If You Listen Closely (informal literal English title)
... aka Whisper of the Heart (International: English title)